Tuesday, April 26, 2011

could be worse.

Well, I've gone and done it again.

I almost, almost almost made the title of this post a Britney Spears lyric, by the way. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Anyway. What have I done? On my way home from work today I stopped by my local MCC (please see post entitled 'a special spot in hell' - I haven't figure out how to link on my phone, calm down) to see if I could locate a particular movie title. Boy did I. Plus many many more. But, at fifty cents a pop it's really an investment in entertainment. Instead of spending $20+ on recently released movie titles (on Blu-ray or DVD or lazer-disk, whichever the newest money suck is), I'm spending an absolute fraction on..well, classics. Yea. Classics.

This trip my treasures included: Titanic (which I'm sure my boyfriend will be thrilled about, as I've been threatening him for months with the idea), Men in Black, Lord of the Rings - both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, both The Mummy and the Mummy Returns (even if 3 would have been available I would have left it on the shelf. Really? Replacing Rachel Weiz? How about 'hey Alex, remember when your mom died somewhere between now and the last sequel?' problem solved. Sorry. Anyways..), and Armageddon. Nice.

The only problem is, as my Facebook status so eloquently states, I 'must officially purchase an additional storage unit for [my] recently aqquired collection of VHS.' Oh well. Guess that means I have to go to IKEA again.

No comments:

Post a Comment