Friday, April 29, 2011

all of the lights.

I know, I know.

I have been blogging about it since the beginning of time my blog.

I need to travel.

I have been to Mexico, Hawaii, Texas, California and Las Vegas (and a few places in Canada); but I want need to go somewhere far away.

Perhaps I'm realy feeling it because so many young folk around me have left/are soon departing on their own grand adventures. My roommate is leaving for Peru in three days for three months, and another very good friend of mine will be flying off to Europe for two months in a week's time. (Luckily for me, both my boyfriend and bestfriend have returned
-albeit temporarily- from their respective far-away residences, or else I would most probably be spending much of my time locked in my room with the cat)

I'm pretty tired of waiting for 'my turn'. I realize I don't have to wait, I just have to do, but finding the right time with the right people and places is proving harder than I thought.

Then there is the financial issue. Oh yeah, money. That. As I work at Starbucks and live on my own, it's been understandably difficult to save money. (Visiting IKEA every two weeks really doesn't help either. Yes, mom.) In order to save money, I must make more - therefore I must promote to the next level (which I am currently working on.) Another catch, though, is that I can't just take off as soon as I've got the job. Doesn't work like that.

I guess my real problem is time! Oh time. Time is running out! Not really, but my youth is. (When I'm thirty I'll look back on this blog post and laugh and laugh.)

So. Time. Money. More time. Plan. Travel. Revel in freedom and youth in a foreign country.

Or I could just put it all on my credit card and 'live life young and fast'/'live hard young fast life'/'live fast don't die til later' or whatever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment