Wednesday, February 16, 2011

and they don't even know.

I wish there were more hours in the day, I truly do. Or, perhaps that I had a time-turner like Hermione. I wouldn't use it to save the lives of convicted murderers or Hippogriffs, but to do laundry and go grocery shopping. Maybe what I really need is to ingest more caffeine. That's it. I don't need more hours in the day, per se - just more hours I am awake during the day. Good thinking. Good thing I work at Starbucks. Coffee at my fingertips (and all over my body by the time I'm done a shift). Oo, all over my body. Its not as sexy as it sounds. Unless you like the taste of stale dairy. That would be troubling on a number of levels.
Speaking of Starbucks/caffeine; I have most recently become one that I hate. Three weeks ago, I finally came to the conclusion that I am lactose-intolerant, and probably have been for the entire three years I have been employed at Starbucks. Brilliant. So, I began to drink soy - and my regular drink order started to become more complicated.
See, I don't mind making 'complicated' beverages. It's my job. Using a different syrup, steaming the milk a little hotter, scooping off the foam. Big whoop. It's what we're here for. I'm just embarrassed to order my drink in front of other people. Specifically, non-partners.
Once upon a time, the most 'specific' beverage I was known to order was a double tall mocha. That's a tall mocha with an extra shot of espresso. NBD, really. Now,somehow since I started drinking soy, it would appear to the general public I am some kind of high-maintenance, pretentious princess.
Are you ready? My new favourite drink of choice is a: double tall, three-pump, soy, extra caramel, extra foam caramel macciato. To the barista creating the drink, its nothing, really. Like I said, just an extra shot, extra pump of syrup, etc. But to the register partner punching it in (especally with our new systems) and the customers behind me - boy do I sound like a monster. I'm not, I promise.
But I will be if you give me regular milk :)
Haha, just kidding.
But really.
I will have a stomach-ache.
And I will find you.
Sirius Black.

2 comments:

  1. I have always always always wanted Hermione's time turner necklace for completely selfish reasons. I also bought it when I went to the HP exhibit in Seattle, but I don't think the necklace worked :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, Jess.
    And Mlou, you drink is a little bit pretentious... Just a tiny bit. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete