Monday, April 5, 2010

on a side note:

Baristas are people too. Real people with real feelings who you leave in a real bad mood when you're a dick. I get you know what you want, and you probably always get it - but that doesn't mean I'll give it to you for free when you tell me to. I understand you're in a hurry, please understand I'm doing my best. I can see you're averse to making small talk with me while your drink is being prepared - please see its my job to entertain you, but you can pretend to be on your Bluetooth if it makes you feel more important. Above all, a little eye contact and a thank-you can make more than a difference to the people who help get your day going on a good note, who will in turn, hopefully, make your day a little brighter. If not, I might slip you decaf tomorrow morning. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment