Monday, March 1, 2010

Back

I'm happy to be home. I will never take clean socks or not sleeping on a 3-foot couch for granted again. Probably. I have re-established appreciation for my store and the partners in it. Don't get me wrong, I've always been proud of my store and how we work (it), but I missed my beautiful, clean, organized Mt. Lehman. I will not miss surviving off of Starbucks pastries. I will miss the Vancouver customers; the newly found regulars, my fellow borrowed partners and home-team, the coveted-Starbucks-pin-hunting-hyenas (for the last time, no, this is MINE, you have TWELVE), the Russian Olympic team (.......), and the very beautiful Venti Vanilla Coffee Misto boy (I think by the fourth time I asked him if he wanted foam he knew was just desperately trying to make conversation). I will not miss the two hour commute (or taking the wrong sky-train every second day...really, you'd think I'd learn) I will not miss the strange cup-markings and foreign drink-calling. I will miss the spirit and the faux patriotism. I will miss making friends with anyone and everyone you meet, from all around the world...or just Abbotsford. I will miss everyone being in a perpetual state of happiness because they WANTED to be there. I will miss Vancouver, but I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment